Bacon-Infused Marshmallow S'mores
These marshmallows are infused with real bacon flavor. They're awesome on their own or in some hot chocolate, but especially in a s'more!
- 4 ounces bacon
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 packets unflavored gelatin
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Nature Valley Dark Chocolate Granola Thins
Cook the bacon on medium heat to render the fat and crisp them up. Pour the bacon and fat into a food processor. Pulse the bacon to crumble.
2. Pour the milk into the food processor and blend until well combined.
Put the mixture into the fridge to cool. Once fully cooled, it should be slightly solidified. Pour it into the bowl of a stand mixer, and mix with the gelatin.
3. Meanwhile, put the sugar, corn syrup, and 2/3 cup of water onto the stove with a candy thermometer. Cook while stirring until the sugar has melted. Stop stirring and bring to 240 degrees F.
4. With the mixer on low, pour the hot sugar mixture into the milk/bacon mixture. Crank it up and mix on high for about 15 minutes until it is much lighter in color and has doubled in size.
5. Mix the cornstarch and powdered sugar together. Line the bottom of a 6x9 pan with parchment or plastic wrap. Cover with some of the sugar and cornstarch mixture. Pour your marshmallow mixture onto the powdered sugar. Top with more and refrigerate uncovered until hardened, about three hours.
6. Cut into 1.5 inch marshmallows and lightly coat with more of the sugar and cornstarch mixture
7. To make s'mores, roast your marshmallows and place between two of the granola thins!
You'll also love
- Maple Apple Chicken in the Slow... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Key Lime Pie (Pepe's Cafe Recipe) 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Homemade Bratwurst Patties 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Macaroni & Dried Beef Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pork T-Bone Steaks with Whiskey... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- "WET" Shredded Pork burrito 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Candied Bourbon Bacon Bits 0/5 (0 Votes)