Pork Medallions With Dijon Mushroom Sauce
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter plus
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 shallots finely chopped
- 1 pound fresh chanterelles sliced
- 1 tablespoon oil plus
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 3 pounds pork tenderloin cut 32 slices, about 3/4" thick each
- 1/4 cup cognac
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 cups whipping cream
Melt 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons of the butter in a heavy skillet over medium heat.
Saute the shallot and mushrooms for about 2 minutes, or until the chanterelles begin to soften and give off their own moisture.
Remove from skillet. Add the remaining butter and oil to the skillet, using it to saute the pork for about 8 to 10 minutes, or until it is browned and no longer pink. Turn the slices halfway through cooking. Season the slices with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
Remove the pork from the skillet and cover to keep it warm. Gradually add the cognac to the skillet and stir in the mustard and the cream. Bring the mixture to a boil and continue boiling for 1 to 2 minutes, or until heated through. Serve the sauce over the pork.
This recipe yields ?? servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (805 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (702 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta 4.5/5 (260 Votes)
- Smothered Chicken with Mushrooms &... 4.5/5 (0 Votes)
- Hot and Sour Mushroom, Cabbage,... 4.4/5 (0 Votes)