Kansas City Veal Chop With Fresh Morel And Goat Cheese Sauc
- 2 veal chops
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound fresh morels
- 1/2 cup shallots chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon mixed peppercorns
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine
- 2 cups veal stock
- 3 ounces goat cheese
Pre heat grill.
Rub veal chops with 1 1/2 tablespoons of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
Saute morels in 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil and set aside. With 2 tablespoons olive oil, saute shallots and garlic for two minutes. Add mixed peppercorns and thyme, saute for two additional minutes. Deglaze with marsala and reduce by one half. Add veal stock and reduce by another one half.
Strain veal reduction and add goat cheese and blend until slightly thickened.
Grill veal chops five minutes on each side.
Reheat morels and add to sauce. Place grilled chop on plate and ladle sauce with morel, garnish with fresh sprig of thyme.
This recipe yields 2 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (702 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Spice-Rubbed Chicken with Duck... 5/5 (5 Votes)
- Henke's Hunter's Venison 4.9/5 (11 Votes)
- Roasted Goose with Crispy Skin 4.6/5 (34 Votes)