Lemon and Coriander Marinated Olives
Chunks of lemon and cracked coriander seeds lend a bright flavor to these earthy olives. When making this dish, we prefer to use the nutty, cracked Cypriot olives called kipriakes eliés, but you can use Italian cerignola or Spanish gordal olives and get equally good results.
- 1 pound cracked green olives, not pitted
- 1 ⁄3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 ⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon whole cracked coriander seeds
- 4 garlic cloves, bruised
- 3 fresh or dried bay leaves
- 1 lemon
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 10mins
Adapted from saveur.com
In a large bowl, mix olives with oil, lemon juice, coriander, garlic, and bay leaves.
Cut lemon into wedges lengthwise; cut each wedge crosswise into 1⁄2"-thick pieces. Add lemon pieces to olives; stir well to combine. Cover olives with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or up to 1 month. Bring the olives to room temperature before serving.
You'll also love
- The Cheese Dip That Will Make You... 4.2/5 (99 Votes)
- Bacon Asparagus Pastry Twists 5/5 (8 Votes)
- Mrs. Fields Copycat White... 3/5 (3 Votes)
- Mockafoni & Cheese 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken Quesadillas on George... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Oven Method for Cooking Wild Rice 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Gobble Gobble Apple Cider Sangria 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Linda’s Noodle Kugel 0/5 (0 Votes)