White Asparagus With Truffle Vinaigrette
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 black summer truffle - (abt 1" dia) minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt plus
- a bit extra for sprinkling
- 4 1/2 tablespoons walnut oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1 1/2 pounds white asparagus peeled, trimmed
- Fresh chervil sprigs or chopped fresh chives
To make the vinaigrette, whisk together vinegar, lemon juice, truffle, and salt and pepper to taste. Add the walnut oil in a slow stream, whisking constantly. Whisk in the broth and season with more salt and pepper if necessary. Set aside while cooking the asparagus.
Arrange the asparagus on a steamer rack and sprinkle with salt to taste. Steam, covered, over boiling water until tender. This should require about ten minutes for white asparagus. Transfer the asparagus to paper towels and pat dry. Divide among four plates, then spoon the vinaigrette over and serve warm.
This recipe yields 4 servings.