- 4 medium red potatoes peeled, and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 pound hedgehog mushrooms* sliced, including
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives or green onions
- Paprika to taste
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 bacon slices chopped
* Alternate Mushrooms: Common Store Mushroom
In a buttered casserole dish, place half of the sliced potatoes and the cream. Add the sliced hedgehogs and cover with the remaining potatoes. Cover and bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 25 minutes.
Add the chives, paprika, and milk. Sprinkle with the cheese and bacon. Return to the oven, uncovered this time, and bake at 375 degrees for another 20 minutes.
This recipe yields 4 side dish servings.