The Brigantine's Spinach Salad
Since 1969 Brigantine Restaurants have been a favorite here, featuring a variety of traditional classics blending seamlessly with a mix of modern flavors. Corporate Chef Mark Adair develops the menus at all six of this family restaurants throughout the county, including Point Loma, Coronado, La Mesa, Del Mar, Escondido, and Poway.
- 1 pound cleaned fresh spinach leaves or more, if preferred
- Dressing (recipe follows)
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, diced
- 2-3 tomatoes, diced
- 4 strips bacon, cooked crisp, drained and crumbled
- 1 1/8 cups cottage cheese, small curd
- 3/4 cup salad oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons red onion, minced
- 1 1/4 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
1. Toss the spinach leaves in the dressing.
2. Top with the diced hard-boiled egg, diced tomatoes and bacon pieces.
1. Mix all ingredients well and refrigerate until ready to use.