Pasta e Fagioli - My Way
Love changing up recipes, Took a family recipe and jazzed it up my way,
Hope you enjoy!!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- (optional : 3 slices of pancetta-cut up and brown)
- 1 chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 pound chop meat
- 1 tbsp thyme
- 1 tbsp rosemary
- 1 tbsp sundried tomatoe paste
- dash red pepper flakes
- 2 bay leaves
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp Tuscan seasoning or Italian seasoning
- 1 (14.5 oz) fire roasted tomateoes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup white or red wine (your choice)
- 1 jar or large can of spagetti sauce
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- 2 cans cannelini beans or great northern beans (drained)
- 1/2 cup or so water
- 3/4 cup dry pasta of choice
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 60mins
1. Heat olive oil and butter in large saucepan.
2. Add chopped pancetta and brown
3. Add onion and garlic, saute till tender.
4. Add meat thru Italian seasoning; mix well and cook till meat is browned
(pink is out).
5. Add tomatoes thru water. Continue simmer cooking for one hour, covered
6. Add dry pasta and cook about 20 minutes till al dente.
7. If too thick, add some more water.