Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge Crunch
A sweet and sensational chocolate fudge with peanut butter and cereal takes this fudge to a higher "crunchy" level.
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 sticks (8 ounces) plus 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 (16 ounce) jar creamy peanut butter
- 3 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 65mins
Adapted from rachaelraymag.com
Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper. In a medium saucepan, melt half of the chocolate and 1 tablespoon butter over low heat. Remove from the heat; stir in 1 cup peanut butter, then 2 cups rice cereal. Spread the mixture evenly in the prepared pan; refrigerate until set, about 15 minutes. Wash out the saucepan.
In the saucepan, combine the remaining 2 sticks butter and the salt; melt over medium heat, stirring. Remove from the heat and stir in the remaining peanut butter and the confectioners' sugar. Spread half of the peanut butter mixture over the cereal layer. Top with the remaining 1 cup cereal.
In a small bowl, microwave the remaining chocolate at medium power until melted, 1 1/2 minutes. Stir into the remaining peanut butter mixture. Spread evenly on the cereal-topped peanut butter layer; refrigerate until set, about 45 minutes. Cut into 16 pieces.
Stir in your favorite breakfast cereal or even dried fruit or nuts.
Use the back of a spoon to evenly spread the cereal mixture.
You'll also love
- Ranch Ritz Crackers 4.4/5 (56 Votes)
- Mini Crostini Appetizers 4.5/5 (55 Votes)
- Patriotic Berry Trifle 4.5/5 (51 Votes)
- Coconut Pecan Pralines 4.3/5 (70 Votes)
- Sunshine "Lemon Bars" 4.6/5 (47 Votes)
- Snickers Popcorn Recipe 4.4/5 (62 Votes)
- Salted Caramel Rice Krispie Treats 4.5/5 (55 Votes)
- Chocolate Buttercream Cherry... 4.6/5 (43 Votes)