Doves With Raspberry Vinaigrette
- 12 whole doves - (to 16) skin intact
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup raspberry preserves
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar (or substitute 1/3 cup red wine vinegar)
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup olive oil
Season doves with salt and pepper.
In a large bowl, whisk together garlic, preserves, vinegar, onions and mustard. While whisking, add oil in a thin stream until emulsified. Place doves in bowl, toss to coat, cover and refrigerate for 12 to 24 hours.
Bake, broil, pan-sear or barbecue until medium to medium-rare and still juicy in the center of the breast.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (488 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (288 Votes)
- Strawberry Coconut Chia Seed... 4.5/5 (209 Votes)
- Buttermilk Blueberry Breakfast Cake 4.4/5 (181 Votes)