Doves With Raspberry Vinaigrette
- 12 whole doves - (to 16) skin intact
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup raspberry preserves
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar (or substitute 1/3 cup red wine vinegar)
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup olive oil
Season doves with salt and pepper.
In a large bowl, whisk together garlic, preserves, vinegar, onions and mustard. While whisking, add oil in a thin stream until emulsified. Place doves in bowl, toss to coat, cover and refrigerate for 12 to 24 hours.
Bake, broil, pan-sear or barbecue until medium to medium-rare and still juicy in the center of the breast.
This recipe yields 4 servings.