Broiled Fish With Roasted Garlic Sauce
- 4 fish fillets - (6 to 8 oz ea)
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup whole garlic cloves roasted
- 1 lemon juice only
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
Season fillets with salt and pepper and place them in a lightly greased shallow baking dish. Broil about 8 to 10 inches away from the heat source until lightly browned.
To prepare sauce, process the vinegar with the next 4 ingredients in a food processor or blender until well blended. While motor is running, add oil in a thin stream until emulsified. Season to taste with additional salt and pepper.
To serve, drizzle room temperature sauce over warm fish.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
To roast the garlic, place the whole garlic cloves in a pan, uncovered, and bake in a 325-degree oven until evenly golden browned, but not burnt. If you get distracted and burn the garlic, start over. Burnt garlic tastes bitter, not better.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (466 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta 4.5/5 (260 Votes)
- Easy & Healthy Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (194 Votes)
- Blackened Grilled Tilapia 4.5/5 (142 Votes)