Fresh Old Fashioned Polish Sausage
Delicious recipe to make fresh Polish sausage the old fashioned way. If you like your Polish sausage spicy, feel free to add a little cayenne pepper.
- 4 pounds boneless pork butt
- 1 pound veal (or chicken) stew meat
- 2 teaspoons coarse ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon marjoram leaves
- 4 to 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup cold water
- 3 to 4 teaspoons salt
- Hog casings (if making links)
Preparation time 60mins
Cooking time 60mins
Cut the meat into one-inch cubes. Put through medium grinder.
Using your hands (wear latex or rubber gloves, if you prefer), mix the pepper, marjoram, garlic, allspice, water and salt into the meat.
Cover and chill at least two hours or overnight.
Make into patties or links using hog casing.
If links, spread on a tray and refrigerate for up to three days, turning daily to allow sausages to dry and cure.
Makes five pounds of sausage.
To cook, you can grill or brown in a skillet. Cook thoroughly, at least 20 minutes.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (812 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (704 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (666 Votes)
- Oven-Roasted Smoked Sausage &... 4.5/5 (397 Votes)