Chicken or Pork Lo Mein
- 3/4 lb boneless chicken breast or fresh pork tenderloin
- Meat Marinade
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 5 -6 large mixed mushrooms
- 1/2 cup bamboo shoot
- 1 red bell peppers or 1 carrot
- 1 small onion, cut in wedges
- 2 green onions, shredded
- 1 medium zucchini or 1 medium celery, cut in 1-inch strips
- 1/2 head of cabbage, shredded
- Sauce Mixture
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 4 tablespoons peanut oil
- Seasoning in Noodles
- 1 lb fresh Chinese egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce or 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons rice vinegar
Cut pork into thin strips, and then into pieces. Mix with meat marinade for 30 minutes.
Slice mushrooms, bamboo shoots, red pepper and zucchini into thin strips. Mix sauce.
Parboil noodles for 3 minutes. Rinse and drain.
Bring another pot of water to boil, and keep hot.
Heat 2 T. oil in wok. Stir fry all vegetables together for 2-3 minutes.
Sprinkle on a little salt and 1 teaspoons of sugar. Set aside.
Add 2 T. oil, and stir fry pork until done.
Add sauce mixture. Stir until thickened.
Add the vegetables. Stir until well mixed.
Put noodles into hot pot of water for 10-15 seconds, just to heat. Drain.
Put back in pot, and add seasonings to noodles .
Serve meat and vegetables over noodles.