Plantain Crusted Pork Chops
- 2 cups plantain chips
- 6 Cuban (or saltine) crackers
- Large zip-top bag
- 1 egg (or 1/4 cup egg substitute)
- 4 boneless top loin pork chops (1 1/2 lb)
- 1 teaspoon Complete seasoning
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons peach preserves
- 1 tablespoon green pepper sauce
Place plantain chips and crackers in large zip-top bag; crush with meat mallet. Beat egg lightly in shallow bowl. Sprinkle pork chops with seasoning and flour.
Preheat large sauté pan on medium 2–3 minutes. Coat pork chops by dipping in egg; let excess drip off and add to zip-top bag (wash hands). Seal bag and press with fingertips to coat pork chops. Place oil in pan, then add pork chops; cook 6–7 minutes on each side or until 160°F (for medium).
Prepare sauce by combining remaining ingredients until smooth. Serve over pork chops or use as a dipping sauce.