- 4 ounces unsalted butter - (1 stick) softened
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 pinch Essence (see Bayou Blast recipe)
- 2 tablespoons sherry
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground mace
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 12 ounces small shrimp peeled, cooked, and chopped
- 8 ounces crawfish tails cooked, peeled, and chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- French bread croutons as accompaniment
In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the butter, lemon juice, cream cheese, shallots, Essence, sherry, salt, mace, cayenne, and chives and mix with a rubber spatula. Add the shrimp and crawfish and mix to combine. Fold in the chives.
Transfer to a large bowl, smoothing the top with the spatula. Chill until just firm, not letting the butter get too hard, about 30 minutes.
Serve with croutons.
This recipe yields 4 servings.