Sausage Mushroom Alfredo Pasta
- 1 large leek, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 links mild Italian sausage (8 oz.)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 8 oz. rigatoni pasta
- 8 oz. fresh pre-sliced baby portabellas
- 1/2 cup white wine OR chicken broth
- 1 (15 oz.) jar Classico Roasted Garlic Alfredo Sauce
- 2 oz shredded Monterey Jack cheese
Cooking time 25mins
Bring water to boil for pasta. Chop leek (white part only; 1 cup), chop parsley.
Remove sausage casing: cut almost in half (butterfly); turn sausage over and peel casing away. Wash hands. Preheat large saute pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Place one tablespoon oil in pan, then add sausage; brown 3-4 minutes, stirring to crumble meat, or until no pink remains. Meanwhile, cook pasta following package directions.
Remove sausage from pan. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to same saute pan, then add mushrooms and leeks; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until tender.
Reduce heat to medium low and stir in broth; simmer 2-3 minutes or until reduced by about one-half.
Stir in Alfredo sauce; bring to a simmer. Whisk 1/2 cup cheese into sauce until melted. Stir in pasta and sausage; cook and stir 1 minute. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
You'll also love
- Zabar's Pork or Beef Barbecue 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Garlic Pork Shoulder 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Peas, Ham and Creamy Noodles 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Apple Walnut "Bread" 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Southernized Baked Ziti 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Chicken Breasts With Mushroom... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Chicken, Spinach, and Mushroom... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Sausage and Potato Breakfast... 5/5 (1 Votes)