SPICED PUMPKIN PIE
Recipe by Jean Kressy
- 2 eggs
- 1 unbaked 9-inch piecrust
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Beat eggs in a large mixing bowl. Brush rim of crust with 2 teaspoons
of the beaten eggs.
3. Add brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves and pumpkin
to remaining eggs; beat at medium speed until blended. Gradually beat in milk. Pour into unbaked crust. Bake 40 minutes, or until custard is
set. Cool on a wire rack. Serves 8.