POTATO-FREE HASH BROWNS
- Hash browns:
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 3 strips organic smoked bacon, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups cubed jicama
- 1 teaspoon Hash Brown Seasoning
- 3 tablespoons of water
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 Pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried ground sage
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
Adapted from healthfulpursuit.com
Perfect for a batch of hash browns, baked potatoes or roasted veggies.
Add all ingredients to a small mason jar. Cover, shake to mix, and store up to 1 year.
Add coconut oil and diced onions to a large frying pan. Cook on med-high 5 minutes. Rotate frequently. Add bacon and garlic, and cook 3 minutes. Continuing to rotate. Drop in cubed jicama and seasoning. Cook for a total of 10 minutes, adding 1 tablespoon of water every couple of minutes and rotating to avoid burning. Serve with eggs, sunny side up, and a couple slices of fresh oranges.
Calories 277/Cals from Fat 170/Total Fat 18.8/Sat Fat 9.8g/Trans Fat 0g/Chol 31mg/Sod664mg/Carbs 15.1g Dietary Fiber 6.6g/Sugars 3.6g/Protein 12g