Salad With Avocado Dressing And Pont L'Eveque Dressing
- 1 avocado peeled, pitted
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 2 green onions roughly chopped
- 1 pinch Essence (see Bayou Blast recipe)
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1/4 cup olive oil - (to 1/2)
- 1 head Bibb lettuce cleaned, and torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 head radicchio cleaned, and torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 small bunch frisee cleaned
- 1/2 pound Pont L'eveque cheese sliced
In a food processor, combine the avocado, garlic, salt, pepper, green onions, Essence, and lemon juice and process until smooth. With the machine running, slowly add the olive oil through the feed tube and process until well combined. Taste and re-season with salt and pepper, if necessary. Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the bibb lettuce, radicchio, and frisee. Add some of the dressing and toss well. Top with sliced cheese and serve immediately.
This recipe yields 4 servings.