Portuguese-Style Haddock Stew with Littleneck Clams and Mussles
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large Spanish onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 pound chourico sausage, diced
- 2 teaspoons ground tumeric
- 1 pinch saffron
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 3 red bliss potatoes, cut in quarters
- 24 North Coast Seafoods littleneck clams
- 4 6-ounce North Coast Seafoods haddock fillets
- 1 pound North Coast Seafoods P.E.I. mussels
- 1 small head of kale, stems removed, chopped
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
In a large stockpot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook until onion is soft.
Add sausage, turmeric and saffron; cook for 3-5 minutes.
Stir in tomatoes, chicken broth and potatoes; cover and simmer until potatoes are tender.
Add clams and then gently place haddock in the pot. Cover and cook for about 5 minutes.
Add mussels, cover and cook for 5 minutes, or until mussels have opened.
Carefully remove haddock and shellfish from the pot and divide among 4 serving bowls.
Turn up the heat to high and add kale. Cook until the kale is soft, about 3 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour into the 4 bowls of seafood.
Serve with crusty bread and butter.
Makes 4 servings.
You'll also love
- POTATOES - SKILLET-ROASTED WITH... 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Grandma Bonnie's Pie Crust and... 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Pecan-Crusted Haddock 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Grilled Shark Or Swordfish Steaks 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Decadent Angel Hair Pasta Alfredo... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- New England Style Baked Haddock... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Best Baked Clams 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Jag (Portuguese Rice & Beans) 0/5 (0 Votes)