- Makers 4to6 servings
- Basic Piecrust for Double-Crust Pie (page 184)
- 3 pounds medium peaches, peeled, pitted, and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus more for the top of the crust
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, chilled, cut into small pieces.
- Lightly butter an 8-inch square baking dish.
toss the peaches, cornstarch, sugar, lemon juice, and cinnamon. Fold in the butter. Spoon half of the peach mixture into the prepared dish. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the smaller disk of dough into an 8-inch square about 1/s inch thick, trimming the dough as needed. Place over the peaches in the baking dish. Top with the remaining peaches. Roll out the larger disk of dough into an 11-inch square about 1/ 8 inch thick, trimming as needed. Fit over the top of the baking dish, letting the dough hang down the sides of the dish. Pinch the dough firmly onto the top edge of the dish. Press the overhanging dough onto the sides of the dish. Cut a few slits in the top of the dough. Place the dish on a baking sheet to catch any drips. Bake until the fruit juices are bobbling and the top is golden brown, about 40 minutes. Sprinkle the top of the dough with cinnamon. Serve hot, warm, or at room temperature.