Avocado Bruschetta with Green Sauce
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 3/4 c packed parsley leaves
- 3/4 c packed basil leaves
- 5 tbls plus 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp red wine vinegar
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted and peeled
- 1 tbls fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 8 slices peasant bread, cut 1/2" thick and toasted.
Place garlic in processor and pulse. Add parsley, basil, 5 tbls olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper (to taste), puree. Set sauce aside.
Cut the avocados into 1/2" thick chunks. Toss with lemon juice and remaining 2 tsp olive oil. Spread a scant tbls of green sauce on each slice of bread. Arrange avocado chunks on bread and sprinkle with black pepper.