Cucumber, Carrot, and Cellophane Noodle Salad
- 2 oz. cellophane noodles
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 3" x 1/8" julienne
- 1 English cucumber, peeled, quartered, seeded, and cut into 3" x 1/8" julienne
- 2 large green onions, trimmed and cut into 3" x 1/8" julienne
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp. Szechuan or pink peppercorns
- 2 Tblsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tblsp. hot chili oil
- 1 Tblsp. dark sesame oil
- 1 Tblsp. rice wine vinegar
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Place noodles in a large bowl; cover with boiling water. Soak 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine carrots, cucumber, green onions, and garlic in a bowl and toss with 1 tsp. salt. Set aside.
Heat peppercorns in small skillet over medium heat until fragrant. Place in glass or metal bowl; crush with the end of a rolling spoon or back of a spoon. Add remaining ingredients and 1 tsp. salt; whisk to combine.
Drain noodles; cut into 3" pieces with kitchen shears. (Pieces don't have to be exact). Place in a bowl. Rinse cucumber mixture; pat dry with a clean kitchen towel. Add to noodles. Add dressing; toss to coat.
You'll also love
- Banana Split Twinkie Cake 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Asian Potato Salad 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Grilled Lamb Chops crusted with... 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- ROMANO CHICKEN WITH LEMON GARLIC... 4.1/5 (31 Votes)
- Hearty Chicken Gnocchi Soup 4.5/5 (18 Votes)
- Cacio e Pepe with bacon (Zucchini... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Chard & Caramelized Shallot Noodle... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Smoked Tomato Consommé With... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)