Noodle Hot Pot with Seven Vegetables
A slight variation on a recipe from the wagamama cookbook, made without oil and great served with grilled salmon.
- 2 small pak choi, quartered lengthwise
- 75 g broccoli, cut into small florets
- 50 g rice noodles
- 150 ml chicken stock
- 2 tbsp mirin or sushi rice seasoning
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp sweetener (or sugar if preferred)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cm piece fresh ginger, minced
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- Handful of finely shredded cabbage
- Handful of mange tout
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 small courgette, thinly sliced
- 4 shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- Handful of coriander leave s (optional)
Blanch the pak choi and broccoli in boiling water until just tender. Drain and refresh under cold water.
Cook the noodles according to instructions, drain and refresh under cold water.
Put stock, mirin, soy sauce, sweetener, garlic, ginger and chilli into a lidded saucepan, cover and bring to the boil. Add remaining vegetables and cook for 4 minutes until softened but still crunchy. Add blanched vegetables and noodles and simmer for 2 minutes.
Allow to rest for 2 minutes, stir in coriander, if using, and serve.