Crown Roast Of Pork
- SERVING SUGGESTIONS:
- 1 crown roast of pork - (6 to 10 lbs) (a 5-lb roast is abt 10 to 12 chops, serving 6)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons chopped sage
- 2 tablespoons chopped thyme
- 1 1/4 cups dry white wine
- Merliton Stuffing (see recipe)
- Homemade Applesauce (see recipe)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Place the roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Rub all over with the olive oil and the garlic and season generously with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with fresh herbs and bake for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, basting frequently with wine, until a meat thermometer reads 150 to 160 degrees (20 to 22 minutes per pound).
Remove from oven and let rest at least 10 minutes before carving. Serve with Merliton Stuffing and Homemade Applesauce.
This recipe yields 8 to 10 servings.
Optional: Spoon baked Merliton Stuffing into center of Crown Roast before serving.