Fresh Corn Tomato Salad
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 ears fresh corn, husked (about 4 cups corn kernels)
- 2 cups red or orange grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 bunch scallions (white and green), thinly sliced
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, cut into small cubes
- 1 1/2 cups fresh basil leaves
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Whisk the vinegar, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Gradually whisk in the oil, starting with a few drops and then adding the rest in a steady stream, to make a smooth dressing.
Shear off the corn kernels with a sharp knife over a bowl. Toss in the tomatoes, scallions, and mozzarella. Pour the vinaigrette over the salad and toss to coat. Cover and let set for 15 minutes or up to 2 hours. Before serving tear the basil over the salad and stir.