Servings Per Recipe 10,Calories 309,Protein (gm) 5,Carbohydrate (gm) 43,Fat, total (gm) 14,Cholesterol (mg) 72,Saturated fat (gm) 8,Monosaturated fat (gm) 4,Polyunsaturated fat (gm) 1,Dietary Fiber, total (gm) 1
- 1 1/2 1 1/2
- cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 1 1/2
- teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 1/4
- teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 1/4
- teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 1 1/4
- cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 1/2
- cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 3/4
- cup buttermilk
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- Powdered sugar and fresh raspberries (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease the bottom of a 9x1-1/2-inch round cake pan. Line bottom of pan with parchment. Grease and lightly flour pan; set aside. For cake, in a medium bowl stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
2. In a medium mixing bowl beat 1 cup of the granulated sugar and the butter with a mixer on medium to high until combined. Add 1 egg and the vanilla. Beat on low to medium for 1 minute. Alternately add flour mixture and buttermilk to sugar mixture, beating just until combined after each addition; set aside.
3. For cheesecake filling, in a small mixing bowl beat cream cheese and remaining 1/4 cup granulated sugar on medium to high until combined. Add lemon peel and remaining egg; beat until combined.
4. Spoon half the cake batter into the prepared pan, spreading to edges. Pour filling over batter, spreading to edges. Dollop remaining batter on filling, carefully spreading to edges of pan.
5. Bake for 20 minutes or until puffed. Gently press raspberries into cake. Bake 25 to 30 minutes more or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes. Loosen edges of cake from pan; remove from pan. Serve warm, sprinkled with powdered sugar and topped with additional raspberries.
You'll also love
- Bangin Good Shrimp 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Classic Macaroni Salad 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Cranberry Apple Crisp 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Parmesan Shortbread with Fennel... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Grilled Peaches with Honey, Yogurt... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Strawberry Pretzel Bars 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Lemontini Dessert 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Orange-Oatmeal Breakfast Pie 4/5 (1 Votes)