Cherry & Plum Bruschetta
Ricotta provides a creamy base for this plum and cherry bruschetta topping. The slight sweetness is a lovely sensory surprise in a savory appetizer world.
- 2 red plums or nectarines, halved, pitted, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cherries, pitted, halved
- 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil plus more for drizzling
- Flaky sea salt (such as Maldon)
- 1/4 vanilla bean, split lengthwise, or 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta
- 1/2 baguette, sliced 1/2 inch thick, toasted
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from epicurious.com
Combine plums, cherries, 1 tablespoon sugar, 1 tablespoon oil, and a pinch of salt in a medium bowl.
Scrape in seeds from vanilla bean (reserve pod for another use) or add vanilla extract; toss to combine. Let macerate just until fruit begins to release juices, 10-15 minutes.
Meanwhile, whisk ricotta and remaining 1 tablespoon sugar in a medium bowl until smooth.
Drizzle toast with olive oil, spread with ricotta mixture, and top with fruit. Drizzle with more oil, if desired, and juices from bowl. Sprinkle with salt.
You'll also love
- Corned beef & Cabbage Spring Roll 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Indian Spiced Chicken... 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Fresh Berry Salad with Arugula and... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Cucumber Peach Salsa 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Peach, Prosciutto & Ricotta... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Cherry Pineapple Marshmallow Jello... 4.3/5 (17 Votes)
- Cherry-Chip Bundt Cake 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Smoked Salmon, Fennel and Goat... 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
Review this recipe