Chicken Breasts with Spiced Pickled Cabbage
- 4 bone-in chicken breasts
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- 1/2 tsp. ground coriander
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- Spiced Pickled Cabbage:
- 1 head of red cabbage
- 2 inch piece of fresh ginger – peeled and sliced thin
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup of red wine vinegar
- 2 bay leaves
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from livingthegourmet.blogspot.com
Heat a cast iron frying pan, with a tablespoon of olive oil, over medium heat.
Add the chicken breasts, skin side down. Cook for about 3 minutes until the breasts are seared and can easily be released from the pan. Turn them over and cook for a few minutes more.
Preheat Oven 350 degrees:
Combine all of the ingredients for the rub in a small bowl.
Season the breasts with the rub and transfer to the oven to finish the cooking process; about another 30 – 40 minutes or until the juices run clear.
Remove from the oven and let rest a few minutes before slicing.
Spiced Pickled Cabbage:
Prepare the cabbage by removing the outer leaves and the hard heart.
Slice the cabbage as thin as possible.
Place the cabbage, ginger, sugar, bay leaves and vinegars in a heavy sauce pot.
Cook the cabbage, covered, on a low heat until the cabbage is tender.
Serve the cabbage with the chicken.
You'll also love
- Spicy Chicken Lazone 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- 5 Flavor Pound Cake 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Chicken Enchilada Bake 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Chicken and Sausage Gumbo 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Garlic Roasted Chicken Leg Quarters 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Honey mustard glazed corned beef... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Stuffed Cabbage (Galumpki /Golabki) 4.2/5 (5 Votes)