Cajun Baked Shrimp
With this communal dish, the mess is part of the jun. Lay down newspapers on the table and invite guests to peel-and-eat. And serve crusty bread for sopping up the juices.
- 3 pounds uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3/4 cup (l-1/2 sticks) butter
- 1-1/2 cups bottled Italian dressing
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 4 bay leaves, crumbled
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
Place shrimp in 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish. Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in Italian dressing, lemon juice, mint, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, bay leaves, pepper, and salt. Cool sauce to room temperature; mix into shrimp. Refrigerate at least 1 hour and up to 3 hours, tossing occasionally.
Preheat oven to 450 °F. Bake shrimp until just opaque in center, about 15 minutes, and serve.