Low Carb Irish Soda Bread
Super simple to prepare and low on carbs but BIG on flavor, you'll love this Irish Soda Bread recipe!
- 2 1/4 cups gluten-free bake mix
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 1 cup buttermilk*
- 1/2 cup Liquid sucralose OR SPLENDA® Granular
- 1/4 cup raisins, snipped in half
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from low-carb-news.blogspot.com
Preheat oven to 350°F. In medium bowl, combine gluten-free bake mix, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
In food processor, process eggs and 2 tablespoons butter. Add buttermilk and liquid sucralose, OR SPLENDA® Granular; process. Add dry ingredients and process at least 1 minute. Add 1 tablespoon butter and process briefly until combined. Stir in raisins.
Scoop into greased, nonstick 8 x 4 x 3-inch loaf pan (smaller than a standard size pan). Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until a dinner knife comes out mostly clean. The crust will be medium brown and quite crispy. Turn out onto wire rack and allow to cool.
Cut with a sharp bread knife when at room temperature. When cool, it is very easy to cut really thin slices, which, of course, would cut the carbs per slicer even more. Lovely with a cup of tea or coffee.
*Helpful Hint: To make your own buttermilk: 1 tablespoon lemon juice in measuring cup and the rest low-carb milk. A mixture of half heavy cream, half water and lemon juice would work as well.
You'll also love
- Cherry Bonbon Cookies 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Strawberry Vanilla Jam - Reduced... 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls 4.2/5 (28 Votes)
- All-Bran Classic Carrot Muffins 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Dark Chocolate Zucchini Bread with... 4.4/5 (15 Votes)
- Irish Soda Bread 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
Review this recipe