Roasted Butternut Squash Soup with Ginger
- 1 med-large butternut squash, cubed
- 2 tbs olive oil, divided
- 1 tbs toasted sesame oil
- Sea salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1/3 cup carrot, diced
- 1/3 cup celery, diced
- 2 tbs fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 2 tbs cilantro or parsley, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Lay cubed squash in single layer on sheet pan. Add 1 tbs olive oil, toasted sesame oil, pinch of salt and pepper and toss; spread squash evenly and place pan in oven. Roast 15 to 20 mins, turning a few times, til fork tender and has begun to carmelize.
3. In large pot heat remaining olive oil over med-high heat. Add onion and saute 3 to 5 mins, til translucent. Add carrot, celery, ginger and pinch of salt and saute another 3 to 5 mins, til veggies are soft.
4. Add roasted squash and juices to pot and cook, stirring 2 to 3 mins. Add veggie stock and simmer 3 to 5 mins more.
5. Puree all ingredients in blender or use emersion blender. Stir in lime juice. Add more s & p, top with parsley.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (814 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (738 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (489 Votes)
- Impossible Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes 4.5/5 (399 Votes)
- Zucchini Parmesan Crisps 4.5/5 (312 Votes)
- Pumpkin Roll Cake 4.5/5 (269 Votes)