Betty's Macaroni Salad
- 4 cups cooked ditalini pasta
- 3 whole roasted red peppers, chopped (can also use pimentos)
- 1 can sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup diced cheddar cheese (1/4 cubes)
- 1/2 cup dill relish (can use sweet relish)
- 3 whole green onions, sliced
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- black pepper to taste
Cook the macaroni in salted water according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water to cool. Set aside.
Mix together mayo, vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Set aside.
Place cooled macaroni in a large bowl and pour in dressing. Toss.
Stir in olives, red peppers (or pimentos), relish, cheese and green onions.
Chill for at least 2 hours before serving.