Rhubarb Pudding Dessert Recipe
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 drops red food coloring, optional
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1-1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
In a large bowl, combine the crumbs, sugar and butter; set aside 2 tablespoons. Press remaining crumbs into an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes; cool.
For filling, in a large saucepan combine sugar and cornstarch. Add rhubarb and water; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in food coloring if desired. Spread over the crust; chill.
Combine whipped cream and marshmallows; spread over rhubarb layer. Prepare pudding mix according to package directions for pie filling; spread over marshmallow layer. Sprinkle with reserved crumbs. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Yield: 9-12 servings.