Southwestern Style Shrimp Taco Salad
Love this taco salad! Grilled shrimp and corn with a creamy avocado dressing are a few of the star players in this delicious dish.
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoon chipotle hot sauce
- 3/4 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 ears corn, shucked
- 1 cup romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 ounces baked blue corn tortilla chips (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/3 cup light sour cream
- 1/4 cup peeled avocado, diced
- Lime wedges, optional
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 35mins
Prepare grill to med-high heat.
Combine lime juice, olive oil, cumin, garlic, syrup and hot sauce in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk.
Place the shrimp in a shallow bowl. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of the lime mixture over shrimp, tossing gently to coat. Reserve the remaining lime juice mixture; set aside.
Thread shrimp onto metal skewers. Lightly coat corn with cooking spray. Place shrimp kabobs and corn on a grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill 8 minutes, turning kebabs once and turning corn frequently until browned. Remove from the grill and cool slightly.
Remove shrimp from skewers, and place in a large bowl. Cut kernels from ears of corn. Add corn, chopped lettuce, green onion, cilantro, black beans, and plum tomatoes to shrimp. Drizzle reserved lime juice mixture over the shrimp mixture and gently toss to coat.
Divide tortilla chips evenly among 6 shallow bowls, top each serving with 1 cup shrimp mixture. Combine sour cream and diced avocado in a small bowl; mash with a fork until well blended. Top each serving with about 1 tablespoons sour cream mixture. Serve with a lime wedge if desired.
You'll also love
- Amish Barbecue Pork Chops 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Amish Carrot Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Shredded Grilled Tilapia Tacos 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Olive Garden Shrimp Primavera 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sinigang Salmon Belly/Bangus... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Paula Deen's Hot Chicken Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken Dana 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Paglia e Fieno 0/5 (0 Votes)