Linguine all' Astice (Lobster Linguine)
- 350 - 400 g. linguine
- 2 medium lobsters, allot 1 lobster for 2 persons (Each of the lobsters I used weighed around 600 g.)
- 300 g. mature, plump & tasty tomatoes, halved (I used datterini tomatoes. Please don't replace with canned tomato puree.)
- 250 ml. dry white wine
- 1 clove garlic, chopped finely
- bunch of fresh parsley, chopped finely
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper
With the bottom side of the lobsters, where the tummy is, slice them vertically in two. Crush the claws with a meat mallet so that the meat can be extracted easily when they are cooked. Set aside.
Boil water in a pot for the pasta. When water boils, add salt. Cook pasta following the number of minutes written in the package. Lessen a minute from the recommended cooking time because you will still cook the pasta with the sauce. Meantime, while waiting for the water to boil, cook the sauce.
When they turn golden, add lobsters. Cook them until until they turn orange or about 5 minutes.
In a saucepan, sauté garlic with extra virgin olive oil.
Pour wine and put up the fire to medium - high.
After about 2 minutes, add tomatoes & half of the minced parsley and turn down fire to low - medium. Cover.
Cook for another 15 minutes. If the sauce is drying up, add a little bit of the water you are cooking the pasta with. The sauce shouldn't be too watery or else you will the sauce will taste mild.
Season with salt & pepper.
Add cooked pasta in the saucepan. Mix well. Cook together for 1 - 2 minutes.
Sprinkle the rest of the minced parsley.
Serve pasta immediately with 1/2 a lobster each plate and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.
You'll also love
- "No Bake" Baked Potato Salad 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Shrimp Thermidor**** 3.9/5 (16 Votes)
- Macaroni Taco bake 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Crab & Avocado Quesadillas 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
- Curry Veggie Noodles 4.3/5 (14 Votes)
- Roasted Pepper with Beans and... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Red Lobster Shrimp Alfredo 4.1/5 (64 Votes)
- Tomato Alfredo Linguine Skillet 4.2/5 (12 Votes)