Bacon and Hash Brown Egg Bake
I LOVE this Bacon and Hash Brown Egg Bake recipe! Just prep the night before and pop it in the oven the next morning and bake for 50 - 60 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes and serve it up. Bon Appetit!
- 1 pound bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped (3/4 cup)
- 1 package (8 ounce) fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup milk
- 12 eggs
- 1 package (2 pounds) frozen hash browns, thawed
- 2 cups Cheddar cheese, shredded (16 ounces)
Preparation time 30mins
In 12-inch skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Using slotted spoon. Remove from pan to small bowl. Cover and refrigerate. Drain drippings, reserving 1 tablespoon in pan. Add onion, bell pepper and mushrooms; cook 4 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally; drain. Stir in mustard, salt and pepper. In large bowl, beat milk and eggs with wire whisk.
Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) baking dish with cooking spray. Spread half of hash browns in baking dish. Spread onion mixture evenly on top. Sprinkle with 1 cup of the cheese. Spread remaining hash browns over top. Pour egg mixture on top. Cover; refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
Heat oven to 325°F. Uncover; bake 50 to 60 minutes or until thermometer inserted in center reads 160°F. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese and the bacon. Bake 3 to 5 minutes longer or until knife inserted in center comes out clean, top is puffed and cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes.
You'll also love
- Apple Brown Butter Tart 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- NANA'S GOLABKI (POLISH STUFFED... 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Balsamic BBQ Sauce for Chicken,... 4.4/5 (19 Votes)
- Holiday Brunch Torte 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
- Bacon Wrapped Shrimp 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
Review this recipe