Granny Smith Pork
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless pork cut 1/2" cubes
- 4 medium Granny Smith apples cored, and sliced into 1/2" wedges
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch or arrowroot powder
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork and brown on all sides. Add the apple slices and saute for 3 minutes. Add 1/2 cup of the wine, reduce the heat, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes.
Mix the other 1/2 cup of wine together with the remaining ingredients and add to the skillet. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens.
This recipe yields 6 servings. Serving size: 3 ounces.
Exchanges Per Serving: 3 Very Lean Meat, 1 1/2 Fruit, 1 Fat.
Nutrition Facts: Calories 244; Calories from Fat 50; Total Fat 6g; Saturated Fat 2g; Cholesterol 56mg; Sodium 135mg; Carbohydrate 26g; Dietary Fiber 3g; Sugars 18g; Protein 20g.