Grilled Potato Skins
Crispy, tender and tasty. These potato skins deliver on flavor. Perfect side for a summer barbecue.
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary, or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, about 4 ounces
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Sour cream
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
Cut each potato lengthwise into four wedges. Cut away the white portion, leaving 1/4 in. on the potato skins. Place skins on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Combine the butter, rosemary, salt and pepper; brush over both sides of potato skins.
Grill potatoes, skin side up, uncovered, over direct medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned. Turn potatoes and position over indirect heat; grill 2 minutes longer. Top with cheese. Cover and grill 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with bacon and onions. Serve with sour cream.
Yield: 8 appetizers.
You'll also love
- pumpkin spice-cinnamon sugar donuts 4.6/5 (25 Votes)
- Skinny Strawberry Cheesecake... 4.6/5 (25 Votes)
- Hillshire Farms Easy Smoked... 3.8/5 (272 Votes)
- Classic Potato Salad (adapted for... 4.7/5 (20 Votes)
- Bobby Flay’s Grilled Potato... 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
Review this recipe