Tasajo, Caribbean Dried Beef
Rate this recipe 3.8/5 (13 Votes)
- 1 lb. tasajo (dried beef)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons mashed garlic
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1 cup tomato sauce
Adapted from hispanickitchen.com
1. In a medium size bowl, let tasajo soak in water for 10 minutes.
2. In a medium saucepan, put about a quart of water, the tasajo, and cook for 15 minutos. Drain, then cut into small pieces.
3. In the same saucepan, put 2 quarts of water, the cut tasajo and cook on medium heat for 2 hours. Drain and shred.
4. In a medium frying pan heat the olive oil, and put in the onion, garlic and peppers, and heat for 5 minutes.
5. Add the tomato sauce, cilantro, and tasajo, and cook on medium heat for 20 minutes.
You'll also love
- Caramelized Onion Bread Pudding 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Sautéed Cod with Pea Cream 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Spinach & Sausage Cannelloni... 4.2/5 (14 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Corned Beef & Cabbage 4.3/5 (20 Votes)
Review this recipe