Corn and Chicken Chowder
- 6 slices bacon, crumbled
- 1 stick butter
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 2 cups potatoes, cubed (I peeled the potatoes)
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup carrot, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp. flour
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp. Creole seasoning or seasoned salt
- 1 cup corn kernels, (drained can of whole kernel corn works)
- 1 1/2 cups half-ahd-half
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups diced cooked chicken (1 pkg Perdue Short Cuts Works)
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
- salt and pepper, to taste
Adapted from mydailymoment.com
1. Fry bacon in a large saucepan or Dutch oven. Remove bacon from pot. Add butter to bacon drippings. Add celery, potatoes, onion, and carrot. Saute, stirring constantly, until onion and celery are tender.
2. Stir in flour. Add chicken broth and seasoning or seasoned salt, stirring constantly. Cook until thickened. Cover and simmer for 12 minutes.
3. Add the diced chicken and corn. Simmer for 7 minutes longer until vegetables are tender. Add half-and-half and tomatoes. Heat through. Add salt and pepper as needed.