Cake, Apple Sour Cream Streusel
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 apple - peeled, cored and sliced
- 2 tablespoons apple jelly
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
In a large bowl, cream 3/4 cup butter or margarine with the granulated sugar. Beat in the eggs, then the sour cream and vanilla. In another bowl, stir together the 3 cups flour, salt, and baking powder. Beat into the creamed mixture.
Turn half the batter into a greased and floured tube pan. Sprinkle with half the streusel mixture.
To Make Streusel: Mix together 1/2 cup flour, 1/4 teaspoon baking powder, ground cinnamon, brown sugar, 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, and 1/4 cup chopped walnuts until crumbly.
Lay the apple slices on top and dot with the jelly. Cover with the remaining batter and sprinkle with the remaining streusel. Bake the cake in a 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven for 1 hour, or until it tests done with a toothpick. Transfer to a rack to cool. Makes 16 servings.