Watermelon and Blue Cheese Salad
Very different and delicious!
- For Dressing:
- 12-16 1-inch thick chunks ripe watermelon
- 3 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup champagne vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil or canola oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup roasted pine nuts
Place watermelon pieces in a large bowl and crumble the blue cheese over the watermelon.
In a bowl combine shallot and vinegar. Let stand 10 minutes. Whisk in oil and thyme until well blended. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Drizzle the dressing over the watermelon and blue cheese.
Sprinkle with roasted pine nuts. Serve immediately.