Rustic Beef Short Ribs with Mustard Sauce
- 6 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- 1 pound red potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh chives
- 1 1/2 cups baby carrots
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless beef short ribs, trimmed and cut into 2-inch chunks
Adapted from IVILLAGE.COM
To make mustard sauce, stir together sour cream, mustard, and chives in serving bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Mix together fl our, salt, and pepper on sheet of wax paper. Coat beef with seasoned flour, shaking off excess.
Spray large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium-high heat. Add beef, in batches, and cook until browned on all sides, about 8 minutes per batch, transferring beef to 5- or 6-quart slow cooker as it is browned.
Add remaining ingredients to slow cooker. Cover and cook until meat and vegetables are tender, 4-5 hours on high or 8-10 hours on low. Serve with mustard sauce.