Sautéed Seasoned Summer Squash
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onions , finely chopped
- 3 small zucchini , cut in half lengthwise then crosswise into 1/2 inch thick pieces
- 3 Squash, summer, all types, fresh, small , cut in half lengthwise then crosswise into 1/2 thick pieces
- 1 medium garlic cloves , minced
- 1 tsp oregano leaves , chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper , coarsely ground
- 2 oz fresh mint
- 1 tsp fresh lemon peel , grated
1. Heat oil in a large nonstick pan over medium heat. Add in onion, sauté until golden, about 5-7 min.
2. Raise heat to medium high and add in the zucchini, squash, garlic, oregano, salt, pepper, and 1 tablespoon of mint. Sauté until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes, stir often.
3. Place vegetables in large serving bowl and mix in the lemon peel and remaining tablespoon of mint.