Breakfast Italian Sausage Cheese Pie
This is a great recipe if you are having to feed a lot of people for breakfast or brunch. (Picture is with Ham)
- 3 Crescent roll tubes
- 1/2 pan sheet pan with raised sides (18"X13")
- 2 lb. Italian sausage ( I like to mix 1lb Sweet and 1lb Hot)(( you can use other kinds of meats.))
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 5 to 6 Scallions chopped
- 3/4 cup yellow, red, green peppers chopped
- Mushrooms optional
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 8-10 Eggs
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 60mins
Preheat Oven 400 degrees
1. Remove sausage from casing and crumble, brown and then add vegetables until tender. Remove from heat set aside.
2.Line cookie sheet with rolled out crescent rolls go up the sides. Press into sheet with your fingers and make sure all cracks are sealed.
3. Cover crescent sheet completely with meat mixture
4. Cover with shredded cheese.
5. Mix eggs, milk, salt, pepper, and oregano in blender on high to get air in mixture.
6. Pour egg mixture gently over all meat mixture, cover all areas
Bake at least 25-30 minutes
Check for doneness with knife when it comes out clean