Scalloped Sweet Pototoes
- 1 can (10oz/284mL) CAMPBELL'S® Condensed Low Fat Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1/2 cup (125mL) 1% milk
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) shredded part-skim Mozzarella cheese
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped, fresh oregano leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL) ground black pepper
- 3 cups (750 mL) peeled white potatoes, halved, very thinly sliced
- 3 cups (750 mL) peeled sweet potatoes, halved, cut into 1/4" (0.5 cm) slices
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) shredded light Parmesan cheese
1. Mix soup, milk, mozzarella cheese, onion, oregano, garlic and pepper in shallow 4 qt (4 L) baking dish.
2. Stir in potatoes and spread evenly.
3. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top.
4. Bake, uncovered, at 375°F (190°C) until potatoes are tender – about 1 hour 15 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Since sweet potatoes cook faster than white potatoes, they are cut thicker so both will be fully cooked when the dish comes out of the oven.