Primavera Potato Salad
A tangy, light vinaigrette gives this potato salad a decidedly spring-like character. It’s best served at room temperature.
- 1 1/2 lb. small new potatoes, unpeeled
- 5 oz. green beans, sliced (1 inch)(about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup diagonally thinly sliced carrots
- 2 cups lightly packed baby spinach
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 1/2 cup diagonally thinly sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
Adapted from cooking.scout.com
1. Cook potatoes in large pot of boiling salted water 10 minutes. Add green beans and carrots; cook 5 minutes or until potatoes are tender when pierced with fork. Drain; cool under cold running water.
2. Whisk all vinaigrette ingredients in small bowl until well-blended.
3. When potatoes are cool enough to handle, quarter larger ones and halve small ones. Place in large bowl, along with beans, carrots, spinach, radishes and green onions. Toss with enough vinaigrette to lightly coat. Serve at room temperature.