Horseradish-Crusted Wild Pacific Salmon
- 1/2 cup fresh grated horseradish
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- juice of 1 lemon plus zest
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh-ground pepper
- 1 cup Panko (Japanese-style bread crumbs)
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 8 (6oz) Wild Pacific Salmon filets
Heat oven to 425 degrees
Mix the horseradish, parsley, lemon juice, zest, garlic, egg white, 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper together in medium bowl.
Stir in the breadcrumbs. Toss 1/4 cup olive oil into breadcrumb mixture using a fork. Break apart any clumps and set aside.
Heat 2 Tablespoons of the remaining olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the filets with the remaining salt and pepper and place 3 of the pieces in the skillet-skin side up. Cook for 2 minutes, gently turn the filets with a flexible spatula and cook for 1 more minute. Transfer to a baking sheet -- skin side down and repeat with remaining filets.
Top each filet with equal amounts of breadcrumb mixture. Press lightly to adhere. Roast in oven until breadcrumb crust is golden and fish are cooked. 4-6 minutes. Serve immediately.