- 1-3/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup powdered fructose
- 3/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup thawed frozen blueberries, reserving juice
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line 12 muffin cups with papers.
2. In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and fructose.
3. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, egg whites, and 2 tablespoons of reserved berry juice.
4. Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients, stirring just to combine. Stir in the berries.
5. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups, mounding slightly. Bake until lightly browned,
about 20 minutes.